Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Yay for Animals!

So, I LOVE animals! I love the zoo. I love the aquarium. I love watching tv shows and movies (Planet Earth) on animals. Love it! So, when Brian said we could do whatever I wanted this last weekend, the National Zoo in DC is what came to mind. Now if you are ever in the area you should definitely make a stop here. I was a little concerned at first when I heard the zoo was free. How good can a free zoo be? I was pleasantly surprised though. There was lots of active animals, meaning...they actually looked alive and the zoo grounds are huge! We didn't even have time to look at all of the exhibits. After the zoo we made a stop at the Jefferson Memorial. That was cool too. All these monuments are pretty amazing to see in person! Thanks for joining us Aaron! We miss you Jeni and Jett! Can't wait for you to be back from Utah!

Brian checking out the crocodiles!
This frog was kinda funny. He moved around kind of slow and sneaky.

Tigers are one of my favorites. This one was running all around!

This turtle came right up to the window when I bent down to get a closer picture.
Another favorite animal.

Out in front of the Jefferson Memorial. (Yes this is out of order.)
Brian and Aaron in front of the elephant exhibit.
Us out in front of the elephants!

No comments: