Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Crabs, Water and Sand!

What a fun weekend we had! Some of the other couples out here have been to Ocean City, MD and have said it was a lot of fun. I guess it's a popular vacation spot for Marylanders! Well, we have been meaning to get together with Brian's brother and wife, Devin and Jess. We always have a lot of fun together! It's so nice to have family pretty close to us. Ocean City happened to be a good meeting point for us. We each had a 2.5 hour drive. So, we made the plans to meet up!
Well, Ocean City ended up being a ton of fun!!! It was wonderful to be on the beach, it happened to be my first time to the Atlantic Ocean! I love the whole beach atmosphere. I will admit that the waves kind of freaked me out with how much they were shoving me around. I believe the words you would say are, "The waves totally rocked me!" Haha. Next time we are at the ocean I won't be such a chicken and actually swim in the water more. :)
Anyway, we all hung out at the beach for a while then made it over to Bahama Mama's to have some crab. This was kind of a new experience for all of us. We all have had crab and have cracked crab legs open but never had to pry open the middle, scrape the guts and "stuff" to get to the meat. It's kind of funny/gross when you get to look at your meal in the eyes before eating it....even if it is dead already. The crab meat was really good though! All in all, we had a great time and hope to make another visit there before we go back to Utah.


Brian and I at Bahama Mamas! These were extra large crabs?!!
Ocean City Beach!



5 comments:

Scott and Chelsey said...

WOW THAT SOUNDS LIKE FUN! I NEED MORE PICS OF YOU!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU BEING FROM SEATTLE YOU HAVEN'T HAD CRAB MORE... YOU CRAZY GIRL!

Sarah Pugmire said...

EEEWWWW! I seriously won't eat it when they serve it like that! I don't care how nice the resturant is! Glad to hear you survived the "rip tides" hahaha!! Weekend getaways are the best, and I really neeed one!!

Kristy said...

lOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS HAD FUN!! I used to hate crab until I got married to a guy who LOVES seafood. Now I love it!!
Oh, I miss the beach. I need a vacation!! to the beach!! lol.

jillian said...

hey there stranger! its so good to hear from you. congrats on getting married! so where do you live now a days? what are you up to?

Jeni said...

Eeeeeeeeek! You are brave, I can't do seafood! Looks scary! But what I can do is sweets! We went to sweet tooth fairy n I made your ultimate chocolate bundt cake and piled fresh whipped cream high on top...56744 ponds gained later and I think it was well worth it! (Jett enjoyed the choc milk it made as well hehe!) Hope your summers still going smoothly! We miss ya too!