Friday, September 18, 2009

Accidental Mickey...

From the Urban Dictionary:
Slip a mickey:
A term used to refer to put a sleeping pill in one's beverage.

Well this is what occured yesterday in our home...
Let's start at the beginning. Earlier in the week I was feeling a little sick and bought some cold medicine. I never ended up taking it. I made sure that I bought a daytime medicine.... Or so I thought I did...
Well, yesterday, right before leaving for work Brian said he needed some medicine. I felt like a good wife having some medicine on hand and rushed to the cabinet to get some for him. He took a dose of it and off he went.
Later that evening....
Brian walks in the door and he has a funny look on his face. I ask him what's wrong and he said it was such a weird day and that he was SO tired and he couldn't figure out why. He had to actually lay down in the car and take a short break. Now this was the first break Brian has taken in six months!!! He never takes a break. He said while he was laying there he was like what is wrong with me...what is going on??!!! Well, I thought that was weird and said he really must be sick. Next thing I know, he walks over to the medicine cabinet and pulls out the medicine I gave him earlier... He asks me... "Is this nighttime medicine?" I say, "no" and run over and grab the bottle from him! "It is", I gasped!!! I gave my husband night time cold medicine before he left for work. My poor husband has a wife that doesn't know how to read labels.


See bottom left hand corner....

Could happen to anyone right!!????


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thats confusing because its yellow! usually the nighttime is all dark blue! Poor Brian- that must have been awful!!!!

Morgan said...

hahahahahah oh my gosh. that's hilarious.

Scott and Chelsey said...

That is hilarious! I love it! Poor Brian!!!

Kristy said...

HAHAH. I did that once. I took some before nyguil (night time, both capsuls) and i was falling asleep at work. I would be talking to customers and I just stop talking. They actually had to have someone drive me home, because I couldn't even funtion to do it myself. LOL. I slept the ENTIRE day and half the evening. Then another time, I took some DAY QUIL (1 tablet) and it did the same thing as the nyquil. I felt dizzy, tingly, out of it, and really really really tired. Couldn't funtion. So, I can't take ANY cold medicing AT ALL. lol. So i know exactly how brian felt. Poor guy. Poor you. I bet you felt soo bad. LOL. Oh well...it makes for a funny story!! :0)