Monday, February 1, 2010

Last Weekend


So, I don't know about everyone else, but I really need to get on our food storage!!!  Right now, we have some wheat, canned food and a little water.  Basically...I think we would last a month tops.  So, Brian and I decided to gradually add to our emergency preparedness and food storage.  I'm finding this a little overwhelming though!!!  Where do you begin?  Any suggestions?  Any of you know anything about Daily Bread?  


Last Friday, Brian and I went with some friends to dinner at Communal.  Oh...my...gosh...this place is AMAZING!  It's located off of UniversityAve and a little north of Center Street.  I got the above meal.  If you go, get the mashed potatoes!!!!  The pork was yummy and apparently the pot roast is to die for.  They were sold out!  Honestly, I don't think you can't go wrong though.  I figured if I was still thinking about this place 3 days later...I better share with you all.  Trust me...just go!


Lastly... for any of you that care...My belly continues to grow and grow.  My wardrobe is quickly shrinking and I wonder what I am going to be wearing in the next while.  I'm only 22 weeks here and I still have a while and a lot of growing to do.  I have been feeling him move around more and Brian can feel him kick from time to time too.  I love seeing Brian's face when he feels a good kick.  He just lights up!  The reality that this baby is really coming is sinking in more.  I'm so excited to be a mother and a little scared.  I guess it's something you just figure out as you go, right?


6 comments:

Alexis Scheid said...

OMG!! You are so cute... and you are totally popping out! You were so tiny before that the lil thing has no where to go! I am only ten weeks and I am totally showing already! ah!! I am nervous how much my tummy is going to stretch..

I am so glad you found our blog.. now we can be blog friends. I added you on our list. Did I already tell you that?! haha I am already going pregnancy crazy. I forget things all the time... and I lose things everywhere too :) Hope you guys are well!!

Jason and Amy said...

love you little preggo belly. so cute on little you. we ate at communal a few weeks ago. It was totally yummy we all loved it too. always nice when there is a new restaurant around.

oh and the secret with the hood when you fly is because we can stuff a pillow or something in your hood and sleep even if you arent next to a wall. you should try it :)

Scott and Chelsey said...

I love your belly! Call me let's play!!! Your belly is so cute and I love when you can feel them move. Yes, parenting is something you just figure out or you do your best... or send him to my house when he's naughty so I can hold him!!!

Jaclyn said...

your little belly is soo cute!! mine is barley showing and i am not happy about it. i still am in that "did she just gain weight?" stage.. but you look adoarble. what are your ideas for a name?

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

yes you totally figure it out as you go. you'll do great! being mom is the best job ever. and you look so cute at 22 weeks!! lunch soon! I am serious!

Sarah Pugmire said...

Parenting?? Ok, so my kid now gets a single drop of water on her clothes, and then (no matter where we are) feels the need to try and get completely naked, insisting that her clothes are soaked, and that their hurting her! I agree you just figure it out as you go! hahaha! I love my kids!